IP Country range question

ronnie3148

Okay we are using a javascript, but the javascript that the site comes from has bans all irans ips... and it loads slow for those people, how would I place a if statement saying dont load this javascript if in Iran, thanks... I know how to do it, but I can't find a real set number, and I would use just 1 ip but the guy has dynamic... thanks ahead of time

an easier way if your using this on one server may be to add iran to the ip blacklist

I have a program used in the USA that I have blacklisted common hacker countries

to avoid any potential issues. not that hackers arent in other countries but it cuts

down the probabilities.

here is a quote from somewhere else

[i ]someone with FF could just hit the Esc key as the jQuery was running and stop the block code from running. [/i]

on the other hand you could adapt the below script i found doing a quick search, use javascript split to pull apart the ip to see if it matches the

country code then silently redirect if it does

<script language="javascript">
var ip = '<!--#echo var="REMOTE_ADDR"-->'
if (ip == '206.186.23.178') { 
alert("STOP! You are viewing this page from an IP address that is not allowed!");
alert("Why can't you guys just leave me alone?");
if (confirm("Do you want to leave peacefully? Or will I have to help you?"))
{location.href="http://www.yahoo.com" } else { ("OK you choose I don't care! Bye bye! Don't come back!"); {location.href="http://www.yahoo.com" }} } 
</script>

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.