Stuck, on populating multiple lists

tndmad

Ok, so i got this website project dropped in my lap, and I'm stuck not really having done much php coding ever.  I have a database which is linked already, and it was working when pulling data from a specific table.  The problem arose when I was asked to make it work with other tables.  I have a table with the table names in it, and the drop down field to select the table populates.  The next field is a multiple select field that is supposed to populate report dates from the previously selected table, and then finally the last multiple select field is supposed to populate with names that match the dates selected from the previous field.  The last one I can live without, as the existing code takes into account if the name selected doesn't exist in the table with the selected date, but at the moment the date field just comes up blank.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

[attachment deleted by admin]

I attempted something like that on the omhomepage file.  I'm trying to keep only the functions in the om_utilities file, and then call them from the omHomepage one.  I know only the basics of web programming unfortunately, and never really had any experience with javascript or php, though the php reminds me of my c++ days at least at first glance.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.