Testing str replacement

emldesign

Hello all,

I have a script uploading files on the server.

I would like to send a confirmation to user if the file had been uploaded well.

$targetFile =  str_replace('//','/',$targetPath) . $filename;

move_uploaded_file($tempFile,$targetFile);

if (str_replace($_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'],'',$targetFile))
{
		mail($to, 'upload notification', "Dear Mr/Mrs $fixedname, the file entitled $filename has been successfully uploaded");
	}else {
		mail($to, ' upload notification', "Dear Mr/Mrs $fixedname, the file entitled $filename has been NOT uploaded");
	}

I presume I do something wrong because it doesn't work. The successfull email is sent each time.

Thank you very much for helping,

Eric

With this line:

if (str_replace($_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'],'',$targetFile))

you are determining whether the file has been uploaded - however this function seems irrelevant to the upload (it will return a value if it can fine '' in the document root). Can I suggest something like:

if (file_exists($targetFile))

instead - i.e. checking to see if that file is now on the server.

hi thank you for helping. I did :

if (move_uploaded_file($tempFile,$targetFile)){

str_replace($_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'],'',$targetFile);
		mail($to, 'Upload notification', "Dear Mr/Mrs $fixedname, the file entitled $filename has been successfully uploaded on our servers.");
	}else {
		mail($to, 'Upload notification', "Dear Mr/Mrs $fixedname, the file entitled $filename has been NOT successfully uploaded on our servers. !!!!!");
	}

This time nothing works any more. Here is a link to the page:

http://www.emldesign.be/test/physphar/

Thank you

Thank you AbraAadaver

if (file_exists($targetFile)){

mail($to, 'Upload notification', "Dear Mr/Mrs $fixedname, the file entitled $filename has been successfully uploaded on our servers.");
	}else {
		mail($to, 'Upload notification', "Dear Mr/Mrs $fixedname, the file entitled $filename has been NOT successfully uploaded on our servers!");
	}

There is still something wrong because the progress bar stop suddenly before 100%.

Thank you

You really shouldn't worry about the str_replace, it's not doing anything any more. Also, using the file_exists function is pretty pointless here.

}else {
		mail($to, 'Upload notification', "Dear Mr/Mrs $fixedname, the file entitled $filename has been NOT successfully uploaded on our servers!");
	}

Give that a go and let us know your results.

Hello !

BETTER: This time uploading works but I received the wrong mail :

Dear Mr/Mrs test3, the file entitled physphar_test3_iPhone_intro_1299001253.pdf has been NOT successfully uploaded on our servers!

Even if the file "physphar_test3_iPhone_intro_1299001253.pdf" is on the server actually....    :s

}else {
	}

Because you've already uploaded the file, the temp file will no longer be available (as you've moved it) - use the code below:

}else {
	}

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.