insert and query with words and numbers

chrispos

Hi All Again

I am building a job site with a CV match system. Part of the match is education. I have a number of select boxes in a form for the number of qualifications for each individual applicant. What I would like to know is what is the correct way to put this into a MySQL database and I do not mean the insert code!

i.e. English Grade 3. Maths Grade 2.

I am getting them to put in total number of grades over 1, then 2 etc. When the query is made I would like the recruiter have the option of not just selecting the grades but subject with it. Should I put English then a , then the grade? It needs to be set up so I can run the query.

Thanks for looking and as per last request thanks for your time and help

You need to leard mysql properly, There loads off ways to acheve this.

it very  basic.

http://www.tizag.com/mysqlTutorial/mysqlsyntax.php

please use this web site, to learn mysql select statement.

this page might help you

http://www.tizag.com/mysqlTutorial/mysqlwhere.php

It not i dont want to help you, but you ask and ask, but with no example of work, makes me think, are u getting us to do your home work.

your asking me to help you with no written text from you self, so are you learning php,mysql or just copying?

Your asking as if you havent studied.

There a forum part that let you hire a php programmer if ur not studying php.

You need to leard mysql properly, There loads off ways to acheve this.

it very  basic.

http://www.tizag.com/mysqlTutorial/mysqlsyntax.php

please use this web site, to learn mysql select statement.

this page might help you

http://www.tizag.com/mysqlTutorial/mysqlwhere.php

:wtf:- the OP asked for help in structuring the tables to best store the information, nothing to do with syntax or the use of WHERE.

It not i dont want to help you, but you ask and ask, but with no example of work, makes me think, are u getting us to do your home work.

your asking me to help you with no written text from you self, so are you learning php,mysql or just copying?

Are you new?....oh wait - yes you are, people do this all the time, if you don't like it: move on.

The OP isn't asking YOU, he's asking everyone.  How exactly is he asking for help on a forum with no written text :confused:

Your asking as if you havent studied.

There a forum part that let you hire a php programmer if ur not studying php.

If you can't post something productive there are others that will, you're not long here so if you don't actualy WANT to help: move on and stop bashing on people.

@ the OP - post up all the information that you think you are likely to need to hold in the database, then we can give you some pointers (and please start posting in the correct sections of the forum, this is nothing to do with PHP)  From the information that you have given I would stringly suggest that you use a field for "subject" and another for "grade", Though there may be other considerations, so if your unsure give us it all.

@ a mod - move to MySQL Help?  :shrug:

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.