Connect to a directory on a NAS server

straygrey

Is there a way for me to connect to a directory on a NAS server running a windows share from PHP.

I can connect from the command line using mount, but I want the connect within my PHP script.

Can this be done & if so how?

This is the type of thing where it would probably just be better to do this in a bash script, if the idea is that you want to mount the shared drive, test for the existence of a file, email if it's not there, and then unmount it.

Well there's mount and umount, which you should be able to test from the shell.  Add those to your script, and you can test for the existence of a file with:

#!/bin/bash
#mount share here
if [ ! -f /mountdir/backupfilename ]
then
    mail -s "Backup file missing" you@domain.com
fi
#umount here

That's about all there is to it.  Stick in a cron for this at the appropriate time, and you should be covered.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.