Is this a PHP issue?

iPixel

I run this query in TOAD ( database management application ) and it returns to me the date that a specified table was last updated.

$qry = "SELECT to_char(LAST_DDL_TIME, 'MM/DD/YYYY') AS LASTUPDATED FROM all_objects WHERE owner = 'USER' AND object_name = 'TABLENAME'";
			$go = oci_parse($conn, $qry);
			oci_execute($go);
			$result = oci_fetch_assoc($go)

echo = $result['LASTUPDATED'];

However when i run that identical query through PHP i get absolutely NOTHING.

Any idea if perhaps PHP isnt capable of retreiving such data or if maybe i'm doing something wrong.

Thanks!

echo = $result['LASTUPDATED'];

^^^ That's invalid php and produces a fatal parse error.

Are you developing and debugging your code on a system with error_reporting set to E_ALL and display_errors set to ON in your master php.ini so that all the errors php detects will be reported and displayed? You will save a TON of time.

Yea i'm an idiot i constantly omit using error_reporting.

However... i placed this code above it all..

error_reporting(E_ALL);
ini_set('display_errors','On');

And the page still comes up blank... no errors reported it seems.

Are you developing and debugging your code on a system with error_reporting set to E_ALL and display_errors set to ON in your master php.ini so that all the errors php detects will be reported and displayed? You will save a TON of time.

Your code never runs when there is a fatal parse error and those two lines of code are never executed.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.