calendar with reoccurring events

anatak

Does anybody know of a calendar script that can handle reoccurring events ?

I want to make a calendar that shows the schedule of a teacher in a school.

most classes are weekly but some are only once a month or held irregular.

classes are 50 minuter or sometimes 30 minutes. Preferably I would like to set the start time and end time of a class with a precision of 10 minutes.

The output should be a html page that shows the weekly schedule with the days as columns and the hours as rows.

Anybody knows of something similar or something I could use as a starting point ?

thx

anatak

What is really sad to me is that a guy with over 500 posts cannot search google for this.  I took your subject line, added the letters "php" to the beginning, and did a search on google and I came up with this..

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&q=php+calendar+with+reoccurring+events

The very FIRST result is a site called Easy PHP calendar with a free download.  Hmmm...

Google ? what is that ?

as you can see if you would have take the effort to read the description is that the calendars that come up with are indeed calendars and not scheduled things.

what is really sad is that people always give the kind of advice like you just did.

Not really helping but wasting time and increasing their posts counts.

I looked at a lot of code examples but none are closely to what I need.

I decided that I will probably have to code from scratch but I just wanted to see if there is something similar to what I want and hopefully talk to someone who has experience with that to avoid mistakes I will surely make if I just start on my own.

probably you would not understand the part about wanting to interact with people and listening to what they say.

Indeed that came closer to what I wanted.

I ve been looking at scripts for the last two days and did not find anything that is what I need so I ll have to code this from scratch I guess.

what is involved in installing locales on a system ?

I am trying to figure out if I could show the names of the months and days in Japanese and I run into this comment.

"This example will work if you have the respective locales installed in your system. "

before I start coding I have to know if I will be able to run this on my webhosting server but I have never installed something additional in php so I am at a total loss here.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.