Intergrating smarty and PEAR packages

loooooooper

Hello,

Am a newbie using PEAR packages in my coding. I installed smarty on XAMPP recently and followed the configuration process in the 'php.ini' file, labelling the path to the '\libs\' directory. Before installation of smarty, my pear packages were working fine, never received any errors. However, after installing smarty and including my template file 'config.php' with 'Auth/HTTP.php' within the same file, i gor these errors;

Warning: require_once(Auth/HTTP.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\xampp\htdocs\OReilly\pear\blog\login.php on line 10

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'Auth/HTTP.php' (include_path='.;C:\xampp\smarty\libs') in C:\xampp\htdocs\OReilly\pear\blog\login.php on line 10

Warning: Cannot modify header information. Headers already sent by C:\xampp\htdocs\OReilly\pear\blog\login.php on line 10

Anybody got ideas what i can do to correct this issue, thanks.

I have attached my templates file 'config.php' and my login script, the one that allows users to login be fore they access results to the database called 'login.php'

[attachment deleted by admin]

Sounds to me like you have broken your include_path within your ini file. Can we see that?

Sure, here goes;

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

; Paths and Directories ;

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

; UNIX: "/path1:/path2"

;include_path = ".:/php/includes"

;

; Windows: "\path1;\path2"

;include_path = ".;c:\php\includes"

;

; PHP's default setting for include_path is ".;/path/to/php/pear"

; http://php.net/include-path

include_path = ".;\xampp\php\PEAR"

; Smarty path

include_path = ".;C:\xampp\Smarty\libs"

the last path is he link to smarty

You can only set the include_path directive once, you are setting it once (using invalid paths anyway) to include PEAR, then again to include smarty.

You need to separate your paths by ; within one call to include_path.

include_path = ".;C:\xampp\php\PEAR;C:\xampp\Smarty\libs"

The first . ensures the current directory is on your path and that the include functions will work.

Thank you sir,

I have just corrected the error and this is the error message  i got in the browser window;

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\xampp\htdocs\OReilly\pear\blog\login.php:1) in C:\xampp\php\PEAR\Auth\HTTP.php on line 455

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\xampp\htdocs\OReilly\pear\blog\login.php:1) in C:\xampp\php\PEAR\Auth\HTTP.php on line 456

The error states pretty clearly that you are sending output to the browser on line 1 of your login.php page.

You cannot send output to the browser and then call the header() function.

This has nothing to do with either Smarty of Zend.

Ooh yeah, think it has to do with hidden characters in my text editor that i can't see with the naked eye. So this is what i did,first, i saved the file in ANSI format and I used an output buffering function ob_start(); at the beginning of my code to remove output before the header().Well, i got this error;

Fatal error: Class 'Auth_HTTP' not found in C:\xampp\htdocs\OReilly\pear\blog\login.php on line 23

Wuu, now what next? Did i solve the problem by creating another?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.