How did they make this website?

fatmach

Hey, guys I'm coming to you today cause I need your brains for two seconds, I was surfing the web the other day and I wanted to know how www.onespout.com...is able to pull all the data from different deals through different web sites.

It's something eve bean trying to figure out for a while and this site dud it perfectly.

They have all the data,...what the deal tittle the price, the value, the time left...

And it's like there scraping the data write of these websites pages. But I tried and it doesn't work like this site... Help me figure the code out thanks

A lot of times these sorts of sites get their data from a database that is maintained by a third party.

For instance, my friend has a website where you can book hotel rooms.  It has deals on hotels all across the country.  But he doesn't get information from every hotel site or anything like that, he just pays this other company to use a database that they have put together with the information from all of those hotels.  When the hotels want to add or change a deal, they just contact that company, the company changes their database, and then every website that uses their database updates automatically.

Anyone who is willing to pay can use this database for their site, which is why so many hotel deals sites have the same deals listed.

I'm assuming that this site uses something similar.

No, unfortunately not.  That would be in the PHP source code, which we can't see.  You could always try contacting the owner of the site - if they're not too worried about competition maybe they'd be willing to tell you what they're using.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.