Coding Help Required

sknagesh

Hi All,

I am new to PHP and HTML and I am trying to write an interface to MySQL 5.1 data base on Ubuntu 10.04LTS using PHP.

My database has following tables

1) parts---> Part_no, Part_name--->PK is Part_no

2) operation---> Part_no,op_id--->PK is op_id, FK is Part_no

3)tool_list---->tl_id,op_id, tool---->PK is tl_id, FK is op_id

4)tool---->tool_part_no, tool_desc---->PK is tool_part_no

I have many rows of data in 'tool' table. I want to referance/add these tools in to 'tool_list' table. these 'tool_list's are specific to a operatiom which once again is specific to a part.

So Part_no--->op_id--->tool_list---->tool

I have created 'one.php' which will aske the user for part no. This is a list which is populated from database. once the user selects the part_no and submits. it loads 'two.php' and lists operations specific to that part_no. Here once operation is selected and submited it calls 'three.php'. Here I need to add tools on to this selected operation. There can be as many as 20 different tool that can be added in to an operation. What i am looking to do is to list all tool in the 'tool' table as a list and add each tool in to the 'tool_list' table. once all tools are added press another button caled Exit which will take the user to Home page.

The question is how do i accomplish this.

1) once a tool is selected it has to be added as a new row in to tool_list and the page need to be reloaded but has to remember the part_no, op_id for subsequent additions.

2) once all tools are added and exit is pressed it needs to goto home page.

How do i accomplish these. Can a HTML page have two forms in it like on inside the other?. Or can this be accomplished with PHP only?.

Thanks

SKN

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.