added div tag

kendalwood

this is my first post so I hope someone can help find a solution to this problem. I created this website in wordpress www.porthopehealthcentre.com

It displayed correct in firefox but not ie.

There was an extra closing </div> tag in my header php. I deleted this and now it displays correct in ie but not firefox.

Can I somehow link to two different header files one for ie and one for firefox? if so how do I do this?

Or is there an easier solution to this. I would really appreciate someones help as this is the final thing that needs adjusting to finish the job.

[attachment deleted by admin]

I like above ans but this only for IE but what about other browser if it is not support another thing. than you make all different code for all browser this is not a wise solution. but it is compromise to your coding. for this solution you have to make your code globally browser support and if your IE version is old than this type of problem arrive otherwise all new browser support all HTML tag and IE is most ideal browser it is most of support all HTML tag.

So, check your code you have some mistake or browser is not updates.

I looked at your code at the domain. You're not closing <div id="leftCntr"> somewhere before <div id="rightCntr">. You shouldn't use the IE hack for this (post #2). That's more to correct small misalignments. This is a structural problem. What you need to do is go through the code line by line to figure out where you're leaving it open.

When using WP, you should not carry divs over into other files.

So if you have:

1 <div id="header">

2 </div>

3 <div id="content">

4 </div>

You want to cut the file after line 2, not before it.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.