help with this form button as link

searls03

Ok, I need this button here to be a link to /admin.php?edit&id=$userid.  I cant get anything after the edit to work.  please help:

echo "<form action='admin.php?edit&id=' method='get'><INPUT TYPE='submit' name='submit' VALUE='Edit'></form>\n";
echo "</td><td>";

I am pretty sure that this is not complete, but I cant seem to figure it out for some reason...

Um, well you haven't set the get variables to anything.  Try something more like this:

echo '<form action="admin.php?edit=1&id='.$userid.'" method="get">';

When you have just one GET variable, for example, login.php?logout, you can definitely just have the variable without a value assignment, and although I've never tried it with more than one, that is probably you're problem.

ok so i have this code for a new button as link.......it goes to proper page but doesnt insert id or get id.........help please.echo "

<form action='registration.php' method='get'><input type='hidden' name='eventid' value='{$row['eventid']}'><INPUT TYPE='submit' name='submit' VALUE='Register'></form>\n";

Do you know if the ID is getting passed to registration.php?

echo $_GET['eventid']

If it doesn't display anything, the bug is likely on the page that displays the form. My guess would be the input value for eventid isn't getting populated.

If registration.php is getting the ID value, it might be helpful if you post the code that doesn't seem to work for registration.php.

I am pretty sure it does

If you haven't actually checked at what point you have the expected data and at what point you don't, there's no point in wasting time trying to guess where the problem is. There could be a half-dozen different reasons your code doesn't work and you must narrow down the problem by finding out where your code and data is doing what you expect and where it is not.

I believe it is here, but I could be wrong......

<?php
if (isset($_GET['eventid'])) {
include('connect1.php');
$sql = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM Registration WHERE eventid='$eventid' LIMIT 1");

$result = mysqli_query($dbcon, $query) or die('error getting data');

echo "<table>";
while ($row = mysqli_fetch_array($result, MYSQLI_ASSOC)) 
{
echo "<tr><td>";
echo "<form action='registration.php' method='get'><input type='hidden' name='eventid' value='{$row['eventid']}'><INPUT TYPE='submit' name='submit' VALUE='Register'></form>\n";
echo "</td></tr>";
}
echo "</table>";

}
?>

It looks like you're using two different variables for the event ID. I would imagine you need to use the $_GET version in the SQL query, unless you've define $eventid somewhere else in the script.

<?php

include('connect1.php');
    $sql = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM Registration WHERE eventid='$eventid' LIMIT 1");

?>

still not working.....

<?php
include('connect1.php');
$sql = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM Registration WHERE eventid=".$_GET['eventid']." LIMIT 1");

echo "<table>";
while ($row = mysqli_fetch_array($result, MYSQLI_ASSOC)) 
{
echo "<tr><td>";
echo "<form action='registration.php' method='get'><input type='hidden' name='eventid' value='{$row['eventid']}'><INPUT TYPE='submit' name='submit' VALUE='Register'></form>\n";
echo "</td></tr>";
}
echo "</table>";

}
?>

You're mixing mysql & mysqli functions. You can't do that. Also since you're only expecting one record to be returned from the query you don't need the while loop and you should only ask for the fields you're going to use, not all of them:

<?php
   include('connect1.php');
   $sql = "SELECT eventid FROM Registration WHERE eventid=".$_GET['eventid']." LIMIT 1");
   echo "<table>";
   $row = mysqli_fetch_array($result, MYSQLI_ASSOC));
   echo "<tr><td>";
   echo "<form action='registration.php' method='get'><input type='hidden' name='eventid' value='{$row['eventid']}'><INPUT TYPE='submit' name='submit'   VALUE='Register'></form>\n";
   echo "</td></tr>";
   echo "</table>";
}
?>

Ken

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.