Very Green to PHP. Need Soap Listener

SanDegan

I am VERY VERY green to PHP. I feel like a fish out of water.

I need to create a simple SOAP listener in PHP. This site need not do anything with the SOAP message but send it to another web app within our clients network. The reason for this long winded and exceeds the scope of this request.

Our client only has one Apache server exposed to the public internet so I cannot use .NET and IIS.  All other web servers are internal and running IIS.

The SOAP messages will be coming from SalesForce.  They have a plethora of information on doing this in .NET and IIS but not PHP.

Can anyone point me in a 'PHP for dummies' way?

Thanks in advance.

Oddly enough apple has a pretty in depth guide regarding SOAP. http://developer.apple.com/internet/webservices/soapphp.html

Just to clarify, the PHP code is just going to serve as a middleman correct? Something pushes data to the PHP script, which in turn relays it internally on your clients network? Or will the PHP script be requesting some data from Salesforce which it will then push internally?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.