Arrays

Mod-Jay

Hello! i want to store data in a array (as seen in the code). Im trying to make it so that a php code search through the arrays and find the correct one. once it does it tells me. I dont know if im close, How ever this is what i have.

$carrier = $_POST['carrier'];

$carriers = array(
array("verizon","tmobile","sprint","att","virgin","textnow","metro","unknown"),
array("@vtext.com","@tomomail.net","@messaging.sprintpcs.com","@txt.att.net","@vmobl.com","@textnow.me","@mymetropcs.com","@teleflip.com")
            );

If ($carrier = 

I would use an associative array, why 3 arrays when you can have one?! :P

$carrier = $_POST["carrier"];
$carriers = array(
"verizon" => "@vtext.com",
"sprint"    => "@messaging.springpcs.com");
// etc, rest of carriers in this format...

if (array_key_exists($carrier, $carriers))
{
           // if it exists, then we'll set it to correctCarrier
           $correctCarrier = $carriers[$carrier]; // this is how you would access it: $carriers[$carrier];
}

What do you want to do once the carrier matches? If you just want to get the correct matching address, I would do it this way:

<?php
$carriers = array('verizon'=>'@vtext.com','tmobile'=>'@tomomail.com','sprint'=>'@messaging.sprintpcs.com','att'=>'@txt.att.net','virgin'=>'@vmobl.com','textnow'=>'@textnow.me','metro'=>'@mymetropcs.com','unknown'=>'@teleflip.com');
$somevar = (array_key_exists($_POST['carrier'],$carriers))?$carriers[$_POST['carrier']]:'';
?>

Ken

Okay uhm Let me explain it better, Atm im using 8 different if statements to get all the correct carriers the line "else if ($carrier == "carrier") {" is being used. I want to make it so it only uses 1 If statement.

Okay uhm Let me explain it better, Atm im using 8 different if statements to get all the correct carriers the line "else if ($carrier == "carrier") {" is being used. I want to make it so it only uses 1 If statement.

Use a switch statement, instead of 8 if/elseifs...

Extending on my code:

switch($correctCarrier)
{
case "verizon":
// code if verizon
break;

case "tmobile":
// code if tmobile
break;

case "sprint":
// you get it by now 
break;	
}

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.