Moving file from current server another server

imanewbe

Hey. I am wanting to move a couple of files from my current server to another.

If i am uploading the file this is fine but if it is already on the server then im not sure how to move it.

When uploading I can just use ftp_put($conn_id, $destination_file, $myFile, FTP_BINARY);

What i need to do is figure out how to get a hold of the file and store it in $myFile then this would work fine.

Is this possible?

Cheers

I know it costs a little money, but there are FTP programs that have snyc options to sync multiple locations from one server to the other, or from one local point to multiple remote points, that could be an option too.. not exactly sure what your doing or why.. so just throwing random ideas out.

if its the same file time and time again. it might be easier to setup a CRON, and then on each of the other servers do something similar to what your doing now but intead of put, use get

How would i be able to do this for say a whole folder of images.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.