Copying external webpages.

vulcandth

Ok, I would just like some advice on how to go about doing something.

A website that alot of my friends use to make their builds in-game goes down frequently causing them not to be able to pull up their build information. I would like to be able to use php to copy not only the html source, but the images as well to my websvr to be able to view when their site is offline.

Now I know I could simply just click page -> save as complete html  in internet explorer and then upload that... However I don't want to have to do that for everyone stuff.. its time consuming.. I was hoping to automate the process with a script.

I know how to get the html source from a website, but I don't know how to pull the content "pictures ect." to make it actually look like their site and have more than just text.

I'll appreciate any advice you can give, I think some simple direction should be enough to get me going.

Do the images on the website frequently change - if not, then you could do an initial download of the images and then just write a script to get the html. So many website use CSS for image backgrounds that it would seem difficult to write a script for all IMG tags and CSS.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.