Need little help with idea for event calendar

tslid

Hello guys

I am developing my own system with event calendar but I stucked in the part where I should mark in the same way event which continue more than one day.What is my point - lets take for example google calendar, here you can see how the bar is purple for all 3 days marked for street cleaning : http://www.file-extensions.org/imgs/app-picture/6718/google-calendar.jpg

Can you give me only an idea how I should proceed,what to use to achieve such result,what are my best options ?

Thank you

Sorry for absence of code block which in the case would help but my thought was has anyone idea how google did this,I just need an idea how to implement such feature - I will deal with the code but I cant figure it out.

Regards

Simple, in your database for events have a startdate and enddate. If an event is only for a single day you could leave the enddate null or you could populate it with the same date as startdate. Or, alternatively, you could have startdate and days, where days is the number of days for the event.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.