PHP/SQL Removing certain names from a list

Gregoyle

Say i wanted to make a list with only female names and i wrote the whole file for it but it kept showing both Male and Female names how would i remove the male names from the list without deleting them out of the SQL?

I wish i knew how to word this better for what I'm looking for....

----------------------------------------------Don't know if you need this----------------------------------------------

MySQL

Server: Localhost via UNIX socket

Server version: 5.0.91

Protocol version: 10

User: tpkrpgn1@localhost

MySQL charset: UTF-8 Unicode (utf8)

Web server

cpsrvd 11.28.64

MySQL client version: 5.0.91

PHP extension: mysql

phpMyAdmin

Version information: 3.3.8.1

----------------------------------------------Don't know if you need this----------------------------------------------

Also is there a way to delete previous posts?

I'm not sure what you mean.  Are these names in a file or database?  Do you want to extract these names and put them in a file?  If you want to extract the female names from the database then you would just do a simple select query with a condition to check for female.

I'm not sure what you mean.  Are these names in a file or database?  Do you want to extract these names and put them in a file?  If you want to extract the female names from the database then you would just do a simple select query with a condition to check for female.

They are in a SQL Database

You need a column called "gender" then you make a select to only select where gender = 'female'.

This is what i have been trying to do but i don't understand how....

Show us the structure of your table. Is it MySQL btw?

Its in PHPMyAdmin, i don't know if its MySQL or just SQL? or are those the same thing? o.o

I assume you mean this?

(`id`, `trainer`, `gender`, `name`, `party1`, `party2`, `party3`, `party4`, `party5`, `party6`, `level`, `exp`, `hp`, `totalhp`, `att`, `def`, `box`, `days`, `battle_wins`, `battle_losses`, `move1`, `move2`, `move3`, `move4`, `attbon`, `defbon`, `totalexp`, `sold`, `traded`, `item`, `soldtrainer`)

Its not the whole Male/Female thing i was using that as an example since i wasn't sure if i used Pokemon people would understand it.

Basically what I'm trying to do is make it where if traded=1 the Pokemon doesn't appear on the list at all.

This is the code that makes up the list

<div class="contentcontent"><p class="title"><center>Trade pokemon with trainer #<?=$_GET['q']?></p></center>

<form action="/trade5.php?a=<?=$_GET['q']?>" method="POST"><table class="w100"><tr><td class="w50"><p class="center">Your Pokémon<br /><select name="mytrade[]" multiple="multiple" size="20"><option value="niks" selected>(No Pok&#233;mon)</option><?while($owntradert=mysql_fetch_object($owntraderss1)){?><option value="<?=$owntradert->id?>"><?=$owntradert->name?> <?=$owntradert->gender?> (Level:<?=$owntradert->level?>)</option><?}?></select></p></td>

<td class="w50"><p class="center"><?=$trading->username?>'s Pokémon<br /><select name="othertrade[]" multiple="multiple" size="20"><option value="niks" selected>(No Pok&#233;mon)</option><?while($tradert=mysql_fetch_object($traderss1)){?><option value="<?=$tradert->id?>"><?=$tradert->name?> <?=$tradert->gender?> (Level:<?=$tradert->level?>)</option><?}?></select></p></td></table>

This is the WHOLE php file

<?php

session_start();

require_once 'dbconf.php';

include("figg.php");

if(!isset($_SESSION['user'])){

?>

<script language="text/javascript">

alert('You are not logged in.');

</script><?

header ("Location: login.php");

}

else{

session_start();

$snorretje1 = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM `users` WHERE `username`='" . $_SESSION['user'] . "'");

$snorretje = mysql_fetch_object($snorretje1);

$user1 = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM `users` WHERE `id`='$snorretje->id'");

$user = mysql_fetch_object($user1);

require_once 'figg.php';

$pokemon1 = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM `poke_owned` WHERE `trainer`='$user->username' AND `party1`='1'");

$sex = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM `poke_owned` WHERE `traded`='1'");

$pokemon = mysql_fetch_object($pokemon1);

$poke1 = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM `pokemon` WHERE `name`='$pokemon->name'");

$poke = mysql_fetch_object($poke1);

$amo1= mysql_query("SELECT * FROM `poke_owned` WHERE `trainer`='$user->username'");

$amo=mysql_num_rows($amo1);

$trading1=mysql_query("SELECT * FROM `users` WHERE `id`='" . $_GET['q'] . "'");

$trading=mysql_fetch_object($trading1);

$traderss1=mysql_query("SELECT * FROM `poke_owned` WHERE `box`='1' AND `trainer`='" . $trading->username . "' ORDER BY `name` ASC");

$traderss=mysql_fetch_object($traderss1);

$owntraderss1=mysql_query("SELECT * FROM `poke_owned` WHERE `box`='1' AND `trainer`='" . $user->username . "' ORDER BY `name` ASC");

?>

<?include("leftmenu.php");?>

<?if($_GET['q']==""){?>
<div class="title">Trade pokemon</div>
<div class="contentcontent">
<br>
<center>

<?if(!isset($_POST['mytrade'])){ if(!isset($_POST['othertrade'])){?>

Please enter the number of the trainer you would like to trade with:<br>
<br>

<form name="form" action="trade5.php" method="get">

<input type="text" name="q" />

<input type="submit" name="Submit" value="Trade" class="button" />

</form>

<?}}}?>

<?if($_GET['q']!=""){

if ($user->id == $_GET['q'])

{

echo "<div class=\"contentcontent\"><p class=\"title\">Trade pokemon</p><br><center>You can't trade yourself... Silly buns...</center></div>";
include("rightmenu.php");
  exit;

}

$num=mysql_num_rows($trading1);

if($num==0){echo("<center><b>No user found with that ID.</b></center>");}

if($num==1){

?>

<div class="contentcontent"><p class="title"><center>Trade pokemon with trainer #<?=$_GET['q']?></p></center>

<form action="/trade5.php?a=<?=$_GET['q']?>" method="POST"><table class="w100"><tr><td class="w50"><p class="center">Your Pokémon<br /><select name="mytrade[]" multiple="multiple" size="20"><option value="niks" selected>(No Pok&#233;mon)</option><?while($owntradert=mysql_fetch_object($owntraderss1)){?><option value="<?=$owntradert->id?>"><?=$owntradert->name?> <?=$owntradert->gender?> (Level:<?=$owntradert->level?>)</option><?}?></select></p></td>

<td class="w50"><p class="center"><?=$trading->username?>'s Pokémon<br /><select name="othertrade[]" multiple="multiple" size="20"><option value="niks" selected>(No Pok&#233;mon)</option><?while($tradert=mysql_fetch_object($traderss1)){?><option value="<?=$tradert->id?>"><?=$tradert->name?> <?=$tradert->gender?> (Level:<?=$tradert->level?>)</option><?}?></select></p></td></table>

<center><input type="submit" value="Trade"> <?}}
$bs=2;
if ($bs == 1) {
?> ' <?
}

if(isset($_POST[mytrade])){

{

$trading1=mysql_query("SELECT * FROM `users` WHERE `id`='" . $_GET['a'] . "'");

$id1=mysql_query("SELECT * FROM `trade`");

$id=mysql_fetch_object($id1);

$numbl=mysql_num_rows($id1);

if($numbl==0)

{

$tradeid=0;

}

else

{

$tradeid=$id->tradeid+1;

}

$ytrade=$_POST[mytrade];

if($ytrade){

foreach ($ytrade as $y)

mysql_query("INSERT INTO `trade` (`from`, `to`, `pokid`,`tradeid`,`owner`) values('" . $user->id . "','" . $_GET['a'] . "','" . $y . "','" . $tradeid . "','" . $user->id . "')")or die(mysql_error());

$theother1=mysql_query("SELECT * FROM `users` WHERE `id`='" . $_GET['a'] . "'");

$theother=mysql_fetch_object($theother1);

$error1=mysql_query("SELECT * FROM `poke_owned` WHERE `trainer`='" . $theother->username . "'  AND `id`='" . $y . "' OR `trainer`='" . $user->username . "' AND `id`='" . $y . "'");

$error=mysql_num_rows($error1);

if($error==0 && $y!=niks)

{

echo("Don't try to cheat!");

exit;

}

}

if($ytrade){

foreach ($ytrade as $y) 

mysql_query("UPDATE poke_owned SET traded=1 WHERE id='" . $y . "'");

mysql_query("DELETE FROM `trade` WHERE `pokid`='niks'");

}

{

}

}

$otrade=$_POST[othertrade];

if($otrade){

foreach ($otrade as $o)

mysql_query("INSERT INTO `trade` (`from`, `to`, `pokid`,`tradeid`, `owner`) values('" . $user->id . "','" . $_GET['a'] . "','" . $o . "','" . $tradeid . "','" . $_GET['a'] . "')")or die(mysql_error());

$theother1=mysql_query("SELECT * FROM `users` WHERE `id`='" . $_GET['a'] . "'");

$theother=mysql_fetch_object($theother1);

$error1=mysql_query("SELECT * FROM `poke_owned` WHERE `trainer`='" . $theother->username . "'  AND `id`='" . $o . "' OR `trainer`='" . $user->username . "' AND `id`='" . $y . "'");

$error=mysql_num_rows($error1);

if($error==0 && $o!=niks)

{

echo("Don't try to cheat!");

exit;

}

}

if($otrade){

foreach ($otrade as $o)

mysql_query("UPDATE poke_owned SET traded=1 WHERE id='" . $o . "'");

mysql_query("DELETE FROM `trade` WHERE `pokid`='niks'");

}

unset($_POST[mytrade]);

unset($_POST[othertrade]);

?><meta http-equiv="Refresh" content="0; url=/traded.php"><?
}

?>

<br>

<p> </p>

<p class="center">

</p>

</div>

<?include("rightmenu.php");?>

</html>

<?}?>

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.