(PHP) mysql_query SELECT * FROM -Quick Question

Gregoyle

This is what i have

$traderss1=mysql_query("SELECT * FROM `poke_owned` WHERE `box`='1' AND `trainer`='" . $trading->username . "' ORDER BY `name` ASC");

How can i do this:

$traderss1=mysql_query("SELECT * FROM `poke_owned` WHERE `box`='1' AND `trainer`='" AND `traded`='0' . $trading->username . "' ORDER BY `name` ASC");

I know its not as simple as just adding  AND `traded`='0' cause i tried that and i just got this

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '=' in /home/tpkrpgn1/public_html/trade5.php on line 57

MySQL table (in case you need to know it?)

(`id`, `trainer`, `gender`, `name`, `party1`, `party2`, `party3`, `party4`, `party5`, `party6`, `level`, `exp`, `hp`, `totalhp`, `att`, `def`, `box`, `days`, `battle_wins`, `battle_losses`, `move1`, `move2`, `move3`, `move4`, `attbon`, `defbon`, `totalexp`, `sold`, `traded`, `item`, `soldtrainer`)

I know its not as simple as just adding  AND `traded`='0' cause i tried that and i just got this

Obviously, you need to add it within the right place.

$traderss1=mysql_query("SELECT * FROM `poke_owned` WHERE `box` = 1 AND `trainer` = '" . $trading->username . "'  AND `traded` = 0 ORDER BY `name` ASC");

You mixed up the conditionals, try:

$traderss1=mysql_query("SELECT * FROM `poke_owned` WHERE `box`='1' AND `traded`='0' AND`trainer`='" . $trading->username . "' ORDER BY `name` ASC");

Yes, it is a simple as adding "AND traded='0' ".

Parse errors do NOT come from bad MySQL queries, they come from BAD PHP code.  Don't make the mistake of thinking they are the same engine, or language.

$traderss1=mysql_query("SELECT * FROM `poke_owned` WHERE `box`='1' AND `trainer`='{$trading->username}' AND `traded`='0' ORDER BY `name` ASC");

Fortunately that fixed half of the issue, Why only half? Cause it opened another one  :wtf:

Now when i run

$traderss1=mysql_query("SELECT * FROM `poke_owned` WHERE `box`='1' AND `trainer`='{$trading->username}' AND `traded`='0' ORDER BY `name` ASC");

It doesn't display my list anymore, Just the other persons list (It does EXACTLY what i wanted just cant see my list anymore)

So basically for the other persons list its like this

And the list maker

<td class="w50"><p class="center"><?=$trading->username?>'s Pokémon<br /><select name="othertrade[]" multiple="multiple" size="20"><option value="niks" selected>(No Pok&#233;mon)</option><?while($tradert=mysql_fetch_object($traderss1)){?><option value="<?=$tradert->id?>"><?=$tradert->name?> <?=$tradert->gender?> (Level:<?=$tradert->level?>)</option><?}?></select></p></td></table>

And for my list (As you can see i had to re-instate the old code :\

$owntraderss2=mysql_query("SELECT * FROM `poke_owned` WHERE `box`='1' AND `trainer`='" . $user->username . "' ORDER BY `name` ASC");

<form action="/trade5.php?a=<?=$_GET['q']?>" method="POST"><table class="w100"><tr><td class="w50"><p class="center">Your Pokémon<br /><select name="mytrade[]" multiple="multiple" size="20"><option value="niks" selected>(No Pok&#233;mon)</option><?while($owntradert=mysql_fetch_object($owntraderss2)){?><option value="<?=$owntradert->id?>"><?=$owntradert->name?> <?=$owntradert->gender?> (Level:<?=$owntradert->level?>)</option><?}?></select></p></td>

So is there any way to make it where BOTH lists can use the same thing?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.