code generates back slashes

ROCKINDANO

i have a php form where users can update db. but when the input has a <a href=""></a> input, it generates back slashes on the web.

below is the results after the input.

<a href=\'\\\"images/gallery/storyslideshow/ppic-5 (1).jpg\'\\\" rel=\'\\\"lyteshow[featgallery]\'\\\" title=\'\\\"\'\\\">View Slideshow</a><br><br>

i have a this on my updating code

mysql_real_escape_string($_POST["fulldesc"]);

You don't want to arbitrarily apply stripslashes to data being pulled from a database. If slashes are coming out of the database, the problem usually likely exists before the point at which the data is being inserted. You should make sure magic_quotes_gpc is Off in your php.ini file, if you're able to do so. If you want to write code that's portable, when escaping data for insertion, first check for magic_quotes_gpc, and if it's On, apply stripslashes before escaping the data. If it's not On, escape the data normally without using stripslashes on it.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.