Creating product list from database

squigs

Hello,

I've created a page search to return results from my database inventory. On top of these results I would like to display a seperate list of five products not included in the search results but share the same sub_category_b (a column in my SQL table).

Posted below is my primary query of the database. If anyone can help me out with this it would be appreciated.

$colname_product = "-1";
if (isset($_GET['title'])) {
  $colname_product = $_GET['title'];
}
mysql_select_db($database_inventory, $inventory);
$query_product = sprintf("SELECT * FROM inventory WHERE item_name LIKE %s OR item_desc LIKE %s  ", GetSQLValueString("%" . $colname_product . "%", "text"),GetSQLValueString("%" . $colname_product . "%", "text"));
$product = mysql_query($query_product, $inventory) or die(mysql_error());
$row_product = mysql_fetch_assoc($product);

I've fooled around with this one for some time and haven't come up with a clear cut answer. Thank you in advance!

If my question wasn't clear I will try to re-explain it. I'm hoping someone out there can give me a hand in learning the proper way to do this.

The code in my previous post is my primary query that displays my results from my search bar ['title'].

In mysql table there are multiple columns that I have already retrieved in my primary query such as [category], [sub_category_a], [sub_category_b], [item-name], [item_id] etc.

With these values already being fetched is there someway to add another query into my page where I can use the value of [sub_category_a]

from my first result and post five results in a different part of my page?

I have been fooling with something like this.

<?php
$row_product = mysql_fetch_assoc($product);
("SELECT * FROM inventory WHERE sub_category_a = $row_product ORDER BY RAND() LIMIT 5  ")
?>

Thanks for having a look at this abortion

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.