Logout not re-directing...

INeedAGig

Hey guys, me again. A few of you were helping me with my login script, which I did finally get working. I am having one small problem though. Upon clicking the logout link, it does not re-direct back to the login page, it just stays blank. I have pasted my code from my logout.php file for reference. Thanks in advance for your help! :)

Logout.php code

<?php
session_start();
session_destroy(); {
header("location: login.php");
}
exit();
?>

Okay, I tried your suggestion and changed the code to

<?php
session_start();
session_destroy();
header ("location: login.php");
session_close();
?>

This results in the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: session_close() in logout.php on line 5

Okay, I tried your suggestion and changed the code to

<?php
session_start();
session_destroy();
header ("location: login.php");
session_close();
?>

This results in the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: session_close() in logout.php on line 5

Sorry, I meant session_write_close(). Try it without an exit() or close. If that doesn't work, I'm just being stupid and someone else will point it out :P

You apparently have a blank line before the <?php tag. That is output that is sent to the browser and will produce a header() error.

At the risk of being repetitive, someone has previously suggested to you to set error_reporting to E_ALL and display_errors to on so that php will help you when you are developing and debugging your code. You will save a TON of time.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.