Hide video div, while audio continues

Applellial

I am working on an page where I have a video playing in a div, using jwplayer. I have a form in another div below the player div that appears by changing the display:none property at a certain time, but this requires my users to scroll down to see it below the video div. I would prefer this form div to appear and the video div to disappear simultaneously, which is simple enough, but I need the audio from the video div to continue playing uninterrupted, then the divs would switch back after a period of time. I guess another option would be to have the form div appear and float over the video div, but I'm not sure how to do that.

Any nifty suggestions?

first suggestion is try the javascript or ajax  forums.

but surely its not too hard to create a small script that on click, triggers hiding the video div, showing the form div, if they are positioned absolutely they should appear exactly where you specify. add a timer into the script that starts when the trigger is clicked, to switch back on timeout.

javascript isnt my friend, so I can't give any code, I'm still on my first cuppa of the day :)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.