echo $test with class

mrt003003

Hi there i just need to assign a class to my echoed vairable.

echo $test class="somecssclass";

Im sure im missing  some braces here or something but i cant seem to find it out. Heres the error: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CLASS, expecting ',' or ';'

Please help

Thanks

If you want to echo out a string, you can either concatenate it together using the '.' to stitch different parts of the string together, or you can use php's ability to interpolate (combine variables and string constants) together, replacing the variables.  I'm going to guess that what you want is something more like this:

echo $test . 'class="somecssclass"';

So I'm guessing here that what you mean is that you have some text that should be inside some sort of html markup?  and you want this text to have a style applied?  I'm just guessing here because you've offered very little for anyone to understand what you're doing or why. 

If so, you need to apply the style to the html tag, which you're not doing.

$sometext = 'Hello phpfreaks';

echo '
' . $sometext . '';

No problem.  In html there's a concept of 'block' vs. 'inline" elements.  Typically people apply the one that makes sense, although in css you can set the property to be what you want it to be when you apply a style.  So in  general, you should try and use the html element that makes sense for your content.  If it's a block of content, then use one of the block elements like a p or div.  If you need to style something inline, like one word in a sentence then you can use one of the built-ins like strong or b, or use span.

This might help you understand the concept better:  http://webdesign.about.com/od/htmltags/qt/block_vs_inline_elements.htm

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.