$title is 0?

3raser

I've tried mysql_error(), yet nothing is displayed, but I'm pretty sure it may be something wrong with my query. After someone inputs their new information, site title in the database is changed to 0, and description isn't updated at all.., but it's still the same data as before and isn't changed.

if(!$_POST['title'] || !$_POST['description'])
		{
			echo "
			<table><form action='account.php' method='POST'>
			<input type='hidden' name='edit' value='1'>
			<tr><td>Site Name</td><td><input type='text' name='title' value='". $grab['title'] ."'></td></tr>
			<tr><td>Site Description</td><td><textarea name='description' rows='18' cols='40' maxlength='550'>". $grab['description'] ."</textarea></td></tr>
			<tr><td>Finished?</td><td><input type='submit' value='Update Information'></td></tr>
			</form></table>";
		}
		else
		{
			$title = mysql_real_escape_string(strip_tags($_POST['title']));
			$description = mysql_real_escape_string($_POST['description']);

$to_censor = array("fag", "ass", "asshole", "douchebag", "dumbass");
			$new = str_replace($to_censor, "****", $description);
			$description = strip_tags($new, "<b><i><a>");

mysql_query("UPDATE sites SET title = '$title' AND description = '$description' WHERE username = '". $_SESSION['user'] ."'") or die(mysql_error());

echo "Updated information successfully. <a href='account.php'>Back to My Account</a>";

}

Separate the query string from the query execution, and echo the query string so you can make sure it's properly formed.

$query = "UPDATE sites SET title = '$title' AND description = '$description' WHERE username = '". $_SESSION['user'] ."'";
$result = mysql_query( $query );
echo $query;

Your UPDATE query is AND'ing the contents of your `description` field with the value in '$title' and storing that in the `title` column -

SET title = '$title' AND description = '$description'

The SET term is a comma separate list of column = value pairs. AND is a logical operator.

Your UPDATE query is AND'ing the contents of your `description` field with the value in '$title' and storing that in the `title` column -

SET title = '$title' AND description = '$description'

The SET term is a comma separate list of column = value pairs. AND is a logical operator.

Thank you for that!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.