Problem with while loop

perky416

Hi Guys,

I am trying update some array values in my database. For some reason using the code below the $checked and $counter values are not working. I have added the echos for debugging purposes and nothing is being echoed.

$query = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM offers WHERE seller='$username' AND buyer='$buyer'");
while ($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($query))
{ 
$checked = $_POST['checkbox'][$y];
$counter = $_POST['counter'][$y];
echo $checked;
echo $counter;
$date = date("Y-m-d");
$time = date("H:i:s");
mysql_query("UPDATE offers SET offer='$counter',seller_status='Counter Offer Made',buyer_status='Counter Offer Received',date='$date',time='$time',seller_action='0',buyer_action='1' WHERE domain='$checked'");
}

When i do the following it echos the $checked and $counter values perfectly so i know that the form is posting ok.

foreach ($_POST['checkbox'] as $checked)
{
echo $checked;	
}

foreach ($_POST['counter'] as $counter)
{
echo $counter;
}

Can anybody figure out what is wrong with my while loop? Iv been at it for ages and cant seem to crack it.

Thanks

Hi

the [$y] is for the array for the form field name <input type='hidden' name='checkbox[$y]' />.

Iv just managed to figure out what i was doing wrong. I missed out the $y = 0; before the loop and $y++; in the loop. Using the following makes it work correctly:

$query = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM offers WHERE seller='$username' AND buyer='$buyer'");
$y=0;
while ($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($query))
{ 
$checked = $_POST['checkbox'][$y];
$counter = $_POST['counter'][$y];
echo $checked;
echo $counter;
$date = date("Y-m-d");
$time = date("H:i:s");
mysql_query("UPDATE offers SET offer='$counter',seller_status='Counter Offer Made',buyer_status='Counter Offer Received',date='$date',time='$time',seller_action='0',buyer_action='1' WHERE domain='$checked'");
$y++;
}

Done it again, been trying to figure it out for hours and as soon as I post on here i manage to figure it out lol. Thats about the 3rd time iv done it.

Thanks anyway.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.