Dynamic Associative Arrays and Sessions

dbell23

Probably easiest to explain what I am trying to do, to illustrate the impasse I have came to. I have online store With a number of products. Visitors can click on products, clicking brings details of the product came up in a frame on the right (with a field to enter the quantity), which can than be added to the shopping cart in a separate frame below it bottom right (passed using a different script (the one which I am having issues with)). So each time a product is added to the cart, three dynamic fields are passed via post script, which are named "product_name", "unit_quantity" and "unit_price" (these are all hidden fields called from a sql database based on what product the user clicked on).

So for the shopping cart, I want to incorporate an associative array using the three dynamic fields described above("product_name", "unit_quantity" and "unit_price") within a session so that a number of products can be added (hence using an array rather than a variable).

So shopping cart i have done so far reads:

<?php

session_start();

if (!isset ($product_name) && !empty($product_name))

{

if (!session_is_registered("product_info"))

{

$pos=0;

session_register("pos");

$product_info[$pos]= array ( 'product_name'=>$product_name, 'unit_quantity'=>$unit_quantity,

'product_quantity'=>$unit_quantity * $unit_price);

session_register("product_info");

}

?>

Not sure (as I am new to sessions, how to call the array to the screen). I have read through past threads but have not been able to found anything similar to what I am trying to achieve).

session_register() and session_is_registered() are both deprecated. Use the $_SESSION array like any other array instead.

Currently this line reads "if the field is not set AND the field is not empty". I think you can see the logical problem with that . . .

if (!isset ($product_name) && !empty($product_name))

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.