How to code to recall a cell based on a reference cell

ppunzi

I have learned php coding by doing (looking for patterns and trying things) and I have hit a roadblock trying to modify a template that creates a delimited text file of products from an ecommerce site (Sunshop) for upload to google base. I have tried to search for the answer but I don't know what I don't know so I may not have put the right search terms in.  So I apologize if this has been addressed in the past.

The script uses case to call up the contents of specific rows of the product table which I understand but in when I want to call up the manufacturer row Sunshop uses a reference number and then a different table called manufacturers with an ID row that matches the manufacturer row numbers (that are associated with each product) and then next to it a name row which contains the actual manuracturer names.  Can I put code in the case that will pull up the referenced name as opposed to just the numbers that are in the column?

This is what I have now that just calls up the cells from the manufacurer row:

case 'mfg': $item[mfg] = $item[manufacturer];

The mfg refers to this part of the code in an array:

array('header' => 'manufacturer',	'value' => 'mfg'),

In case it helps I will attach the full document.  Thanks.

[attachment deleted by admin]

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.