help with .htaccess file

shiva86

.htaccess files (or "distributed configuration files") provide a way to make configuration changes on a per-directory basis. A file, containing one or more configuration directives, is placed in a particular document directory, and the directives apply to that directory, and all subdirectories thereof.

hey thanks for your reply. I got this file, can i get the whole project executed with this file...,.... i m using php,mysql,apache server ......i need to run on a test server .....can u tell me the process of executing the whole file of code ......

hey thanks for your reply ..... it helped me a lot .....

now generally how do we execute the whole project executed with the entire code file...,.... i m using php,mysql,apache server ......i need to run on a test server .....can u tell me the process of executing the whole file of code ......

.htaccess is not a project file, its a server file that tells the server what to do in certain events (thats the short and gritty version of it).

Your project and executing it well thats a whole nother concept. You need a hosting account or you need to set up a local dev enviroment on your PC xampp I hear is a decent localized server if your on a windows machine.

http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp.html

After that, whats you projects coded language? PHP, ASP, Ruby, JavaScript, Other? A combination of all the above?

You really havent posed any questions here for us to help you with. This form is for people to help others with generalize coding questions ie: you write a script, its broken you can't figure out why, you come here, hopefully someone here can help you.

Actually i just noticed you said your using "php,mysql,apache server" sounds like you have your "test server" already. Apache is a web server. Back to the how to process the execution of your code/script put it in your root hosting folder and navigate to it with your browser.

hey thanks for your kind reply .............it helped me a lot .....

i m getting the errors as above

Warning: require_once(../../global-inc.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\\Apache2.2\htdocs\login.php on line 2

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '../../global-inc.php' (include_path='.;C:\php5\pear') in C:\\Apache2.2\htdocs\login.php on line 2

and coming to the execution i have whole file of code, should i place the total folder of code inside the root folder of apache server and what is the navigation should i give to the internet browser to see the output ......

thanks in advance

The error means your file path is wrong. and is returning in concept a "File Not Found" error..

the path would be dependant upon your server settings.. commonly

http://localhost/folder_name

or

http://127.0.0.1/folder_name

folder_name being the name of the folder you want to go to thats in the root. Assuming of course this is a local server and not a web server