Advice

chandler

Hello, can someone please advice me on what scripts I will need to accomplish the following.

I want users to be able to login to their personal page, on there will be items such as pdf files, jpeg files etc, that they will be able to download.

Are there any free scripts out there that can do this, that anyone knows of? I don't mind paying if its a cheapish script for one of you to make for me, but money is a bit tight at the moment so a free script would be my 1st choice...

Thanks for all your help

A little more in detail.

I need a script that serves different content for each user that accesses it.

The user_login.php (or whatever) page would work basically like this:

if (checklogin()) {
$content = readDataFor($userID);
print $myheader;
print $content;
print $myfooter;
}
else { //redirect user to login script

Files ect, will be stored in a user specific directory.

I found this bit of code on google and it is exactly what I need to achieve, I am having trouble though finding a complete tutorial, that will show me how to make the login system and with the above included.

Many Thanks

but that is what you asked for in your original post, what else do you need from the script?

do you then want each user to have their own page? with downloadable items, and if so, how would this operate? you want the users to be able to upload stuff?

I want each user to be able to login to their own personal page where their private content is only accessible to them. I guess this would be done using a specific directory for each user with a index.php in each users directory?

No upload.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.