Login to one page from another

pmjm1

Hi,

On my website I have a booking calendar which you login to with a username and password.  That interactive part of the website now looks very different from the rest of the website, but unfortunately it's not possible to recode that calendar to look like the rest of the site.

As a workaround I'd like users to be able to login to that calendar from the home page, with just a simple username and password field at the top of the page.  On submit this would then send the details to the existing login page, and also log them in straight away.  My php knowledge is limited.  I've searched a lot on Google but can't find any code that seems to do the trick.  Does anyone know if this is even possible?

thanks in advance

you would need to see where the existing login page is posting its data to. Then ensure that the username and password field names are the same as the existing login fields ( view the page source). Then simply post your form to the same page as the existing login form posts to. As long as there are no session / security settings with the existing login page you should not have a problem

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.