newbie - checkout form

esoteric

Hi guys, im struggling to grasp php so please go easy on me.

Im using this file:

http://code.google.com/p/jcart/downloads/list

Im trying to set up a shopping cart, its working but i want to make some additions that i just can't quite figure out.

At the moment i have a form you need fill in

<table border="10" bordercolor="#333" align="center" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="1" style="background:#000; color: #999;">
	  <tr align="center"><td colspan="2"><strong>Thank you for choosing to shop with WoodCreation, </strong>            <strong>please </strong><strong>fill out the order form below so we can process your order</strong></td>
	  </tr>
	<tr align="left"><td width="109"><p>First Name:</p></td><td width="209"><input type="text" size="30" name="firstname"></td></tr>
        <tr align="left"><td><p>Last Name:</p></td><td><input type="text" size="30" name="lastname"></td></tr>
	<tr align="left"><td><p>Email:</p></td><td><input type="text" size="30" name="email"></td></tr>
        <tr align="left"><td><p>Phone:</p></td><td><input name="phone" type="text" size="30"></td></tr>
        <tr align="left"><td><p>Delivery Type:</p></td><td><select name="subject" id="subject">
          <option value="delivery" selected>Delivery</option>
          <option value="pickup" selected>Pickup</option>
        </select></td></tr>
	<tr align="left"><td colspan="2" valign="top"><p><strong>Please fill out the address form below.</strong><br />
	</p></td></tr>
        <tr align="left"><td><p>House number:</p></td><td><input type="text" size="30" name="housenumber"></td></tr>
        <tr align="left"><td><p>Street 1:</p></td><td><input type="text" size="30" name="street1"></td></tr>
        <tr align="left"><td><p>Street 2:</p></td><td><input type="text" size="30" name="street2"></td></tr>
        <tr align="left"><td><p>County:</p></td><td><input type="text" size="30" name="county"></td></tr>
        <tr align="left"><td><p>Postcode:</p></td><td><input type="text" size="30" name="postcode"></td></tr>
        <tr align="left"><td> </td><td><input type="submit" value="Send"><font face="arial" size="1">
</table>

When you press send it emails me the details, but what i want it too do is replace the checkout page from the file above with this form, so when once you filled the form out it then continues to paypal, instead of pressing the 'pay with paypal' button that exists now.

The other thing i need to do is the form above has a drop box for either 'pickup' or 'delivery', if delivery is selected i need to add the delivery cost on to each item, let say delivery was £10 and the customer had 4 items, at checkout the total would be the value of the items + £40 (10 for each item) but if 'pick up' is selected it just continue without anything being added too it.

Also is there anyway i can set some sort of order number for each order form once they have been submitted?

Thanks very much, im trying to learn this but struggling so appreciate any help on the matter

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.