Need help with a querying a partial column...

Jim R

Here is where I'm starting:

SELECT * FROM wp_usermeta WHERE meta_key = 'wp_1_s2member_custom_fields' AND meta_value LIKE '%3%'

As the PHP produces the page, I'm going to have 15 different options coming from the

meta_value LIKE

part.  I'm assuming I can set up my 15 different DIVs, each with their own IF  statement involving the meta_value. 

Right?  I'm not going to have to have 15 different queries, am I?

I assume it would start like this:

$query = 'SELECT * FROM wp_usermeta WHERE meta_key = "wp_1_s2member_custom_fields"';
$results = mysql_query($query);
while($line = mysql_fetch_assoc($results)) 

But from there, I don't know if it's possible to deal with partial data with IF statements.

Yes your one query should be fine.  You can make an "if" using $line['meta_value'] inside the loop.  If you want the results in a particular order you can use an "ORDER BY" clause in your SQL query.

I haven't read what Muddy linked yet, but it might answer this question.  Does the *if*....$line['meta_value'] work if I'm just trying to get part of the data in that field? 

Here is the raw data:

a:1:{s:6:"county";s:1:"4";}

From that, I'm going to look for "county" and then figure out if the "#" at the end is 1,2,3,4, or 5.

Ok...I'm trying to get it to count the number of relevant items, display the User ID's then show the total number that match.

$query = 'SELECT * FROM wp_usermeta WHERE meta_key = "wp_1_s2member_custom_fields"';
$results = mysql_query($query);
while($line = mysql_fetch_assoc($results)) {

$meta_value = unserialize($line['meta_value']);
if ($meta_value['county'] == '1' || $meta_value['county'] == '2') {
	$count1=0;

foreach ($line as $user) {
	$count1=$count1+1;
	echo $user['user_id'] . '<br> ';
	}

echo $count1;
}
}

That code produced:  1 4 w a 41 4 w a 4

:)

It should show:

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.