Implementing Paypal Payment into PHP Advert Listings

woolm110

Hey Everyone,

I'm currently implementing a very simple advert posting site (like a classifieds but its more like a forum atm). I've got advert posting working okay and the next step I'm thinking about is interacting with paypal to handle payments. My know of the Paypal IPN is VERY limited so I'm looking for some pointers really.

- Once an item has been paid for how would I go out about removing the post from my website (Payment = true, advert = delete kinda thing..)

The way I was thinking was something to do with the advert ID perhaps? I'm really not sure though so ideas would be very helpful!

- How exactly would I go about implementing the PayPal IPN, very broad question I know but I'm not overly sure..

Sorry for sounding like a bit of a noob (I guess I am really!)

The website is located here (http://is.gd/04qcz5)

and the database setup is like so (Just in case that's helpful at all?)

Database stores Advert ID, Category ID and User ID in a table along with the advert details.

Any help is greatly appreciated, I look forward to hearing from you all!

Cheers

paypals ipn info is here https://www.paypal.com/ipn

it allows a passback page, which means you can get info back from paypal in a posted form of hidden inputs, and in there should have the advert id passed back, and that should be enough to trigger a delete action on your site. you instruct paypal which page to passback to on successful payment.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.