checkdnsrr('mydomain.com', 'MX') Not working for a particular record

j.smith1981

I am having problems with the checkdnsrr() function in PHP.

The problem is, I have decided to split a users full email address into 2, between the @ sign, if no length exists either side of the domain.

Then it brings up an error, but when going to check the string to the right of the @ (the domain of course).

When checking something like mydomain.me.uk (not it literally being of that domain, but my own domain is within the .me.uk part).

It says it doesnt exist, yet I have added an MX record on a second check on changing the 'MX' type in the function to ALL, it still doesn't work.

Why could this be please, would there be any workarounds for this at all?

Any helps appreciated,

Jez.

That is fair enough, but have you tried a solution yourself, on the same domain?

Just for thoughts really, I mean I was going to use it for making it out that a domain exists on a user registration for that blog code I showed you, for which I have improved as per what you suggested btw.

Thank you and I appreciate your efforts,

Jez.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.