Open URL with PHP, no output file needed

markrudling

is this a stupid suggestion:

place in an iframe at the bottom of page, with styling to display:none

that way all the html would be processed the user would see the page, and the script, would be out of site out of mind...

Perhaps I should have mentioned earlyer.

The page is not accessed by humans, only by a CRON job that is run every min.

The page runs a sql query that captures data from a ever changing text file.

Every time the CRON job fires, the page is accessed and the DB is populated with a new row. However, as it stands, a file is also created on the root. I have 6 files that run every min, so 8640 files are being written to my root every day..

I need the files to either be overwriten or not writen at all.

Thanks

Mark

There are 6 files, each with a acending 10second delay, named import00.php, import10.php etc etc

in the root of my hosting directory, files with the same name are created with an extra .1 .2 etc added as the suffex.

If i run the url that is being called by the import00.php file, no output file is created. It is being caused when the cron job runs the import00.php file.

mmmm

Now looking at it, im not sure if the output file is being created by the cron job or the php file...

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.