How to structure the contents of variable via ECHO command??

raymond92

Hi i dont know whether i've overlooked something but im finding it hard to answer this myself..

Background of the problem:

Im keeping the contents of a page in a database, so each page would be a template, and the body text will be stored in the database.

So if i want to call up the contents for my 'About' page, i would use the php command: "<?php getAboutPosts(); ?>"

The code behind that will be:

function getAboutPosts() {

$query = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM posts WHERE id = '20' ") or die (mysql_error());

while($subm = mysql_fetch_assoc($query)) {

echo "<h2>" . $subm['Title'] . " by Removed" . "</h2>";

echo $subm['Content'];

}

}

My Actual Problem

The text does echo fine, but it is completely unstructured, I.E. it isn't paragraphed, i cant include any type of tag like <b> because it doesn't seem to echo them, although when i check PHPMyAdmin it has all the tags saved in with the content?

Example:

I have this saved in MySQL Database:

<h4>We are a professional website and graphic design business in Basildon, Essex, providing online marketing strategies for companies throughout the UK.</h4>

<p><br />

Whether you require a brochure website, blog or a full e-commerce solution, Imagine Design Studio can help. Maybe you have a new business and want to create an online presence or an established business looking to pull your company into the 21st century.</p>

<p>

But when it echos, i get this:

We are a professional website and graphic design business in Basildon, Essex, providing online marketing strategies for companies throughout the UK.

Whether you require a brochure website, blog or a full e-commerce solution, Imagine Design Studio can help. Maybe you have a new business and want to create an online presence or an established business looking to pull your company into the 21st century.

Things i've tried:

Adding a class to the DIV which the echo will go into - This works for colouring etc, but i still need to paragraph the text and use italics occasionally.

Please help guys! Thanks in advance

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.