PHP Session Duplication

Emesh

I've recently had a problem with my admin site where PHP sessions, which are stored in a MySQL database, are duplicating and causing the page to return to the login screen.  Usually the site works fine in Firefox, but stops working in IE and Safari.  This problem suddenly appeared over night with no change to the files. 

Due to the amount of code, I'm reluctant to post it all, but does anyone have a suggestion on why this could be happening and how to solve it? 

<!DOCTYPE html> has nothing to do with PHP. As you're using sessions I guess you have written your own session handler for saving your sessions to the database. When you call session_start() to create a session make sure you calling that function before any html has been sent to the web browser. If you call it after html has been sent session will no longer work.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.