php resize image then crop image problem

zac1987

I want to reduce a picture size from 600px * 500px to 60px * 50px size, then crop it become 50px *50px. I have two groups of codes, 1 is to reduce the size of image, other 1 is to crop the image. The problem is they works separately, how to combine this two groups of codes to make them work together? Below is my codes :

<?php
//codes of group A - Reduce the size of image from 600px * 500px to 60px * 50px   
    $save2 = "images/users/" . $image_name_2; //This is the new file you saving
    list($width2, $height2) = getimagesize($file) ; 
    $modwidth2 = 50; 
    $diff2 = $width2 / $modwidth2;
    $modheight2 = $height2 / $diff2; 
    $tn2 = imagecreatetruecolor($modwidth2, $modheight2) ; 
    $image2 = imagecreatefromjpeg($file) ; 
    imagecopyresampled($tn2, $image2, 0, 0, 0, 0, $modwidth2, $modheight2, $width2, $height2) ; 
    imagejpeg($tn2, $save2, 100) ; 

//codes of group B - Crop the image from 60px * 50px to 50px * 50px 
    $save3 = "images/users/" . $image_name_3;  
    list($width3, $height3) = getimagesize($file) ; 
    $modwidth3 = 60;  
    $diff3 = $width3 / $modwidth3;
    $modheight3 = $height3 / $diff3; 

$left = 0; 
    $top = 0;

$cropwidth = 50; //thumb size
    $cropheight = 50;

$tn3 = imagecreatetruecolor($cropwidth, $cropheight) ; 
    $image3 = imagecreatefromjpeg($file) ; 
    imagecopyresampled($tn3, $image3, 0, 0, $left, $top, $cropwidth, $cropheight, $modwidth3, $modheight3) ; 
    imagejpeg($tn3, $save3, 100) ; //save the cropped image
?>

As you can see from 2 groups of codes above, 1st group resize the pic then save it to a folder. 2nd group of codes crop the pic then save it into the folder too. My question is ... After 1st group of codes resize the picture, is it necessary to save it into folder before I can crop it? If it is necessary, then I need to write new lines of codes to retrieve the resized pic from the folder for 2nd group of codes to crop it? If it is not necessary, after resizing the pic, how do I pass the pic to 2nd group of codes to crop it?

php image-resizing

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.