PHP and Excel XLS

monkeytooth

I need to parse xls files (Microsoft Excel). The option to tell the users who will be uploading the files to convert it to a more friendly format like XML or CSV is not an option (I know its unfortunately, though I have to make it so it parses those formats as well (fun is)). Users must be able to just save the file, and upload it as is. below is a link to a example xls file. So I am looking to see if there's anything native to php that will allow me to open and read xls formatted files quickly and efficiently and work with the values independently on a per row per column basis when outputting them. Or if there's a recommended library/class I can use that someone here can suggest. My biggest issue is I am on a time crunch so I need something I can work with quickly and efficiently all around. Any samples would be greatly appreciated.

http://mtpdev.com/dev/xls-reader/sample.xls

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.