Define exchange rate and multiple value to data

kevin66

Hi, am trying without much luck, (I am new), to define an exchange rate on the page and then mutiplying it by a value I am extracting from a mysql db.

I write the value as below normally but having trouble writing this entry and multiplying it by my defined exchanged rate of say 2.22.

<?php

if(!empty($row['Band_1_Price']))  {echo "<div class=pricing_box_right2>£".$row['Band_1_Price']."</div></div>"; }

?>

Thanks so much.

Exactly, but when I use it like -

if(!empty($row['Band_1_Price']))  {echo "<div class=pricing_box_right2>£".$row['Band_1_Price']*2.22."</div></div>"; }

it gives an error I think the prob is when I add the </div>

Can I define it first and then use when i write as I need to write it in 6 places

I got it working like you said but it doesnt write 2 decimal places , how can i force it to do this?

<?php

if(!empty($row['Band_3_Price']))  {echo "<div class=pricing_box_right2>£".$row['Band_3_Price']*0.4."</div></div>"; }

?>

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.