I need specific help with code

Bradley_James

Hello all!

Well, here's my dilemma.  I understand how PHP and server side code works, I understand the important basics about PHP in general, I just need more specific help.  :shrug:

I'm currently working with a partner in building a website that allows users to basically enter in information in text fields, add a picture to their post, and choose from a drop down menu what other page on the website they want the post to go to.  (For all of the things I'm discussing here, I've drawn out pictures of what I want in Illustrator if anyone needs specifications.)

Once the user presses "Submit" or "Accept" or whatever, it will post their information on the page they selected, organized with the picture a certain size on the left, and the text aligned ragged right on the right side of the picture.  Below that, each "post" will be assigned a number based on the last post made to that page.  So if I was the first one to post it, it'd show "1" in the data.

I can imagine this isn't a simple process, but because I understand how PHP works, and also how comment systems in server side coding works, I just need to know certain things in the code, like organizing the inputed data when posted and what not.  Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated by both me and my partner.

Thanks!

Below that, each "post" will be assigned a number based on the last post made to that page.  So if I was the first one to post it, it'd show "1" in the data.

if the posts are being saved to mysql database then setup an auto_increment id field. MySQL will then assign each post you add to the database its own unique id number.

it will post their information on the page they selected, organized with the picture a certain size on the left, and the text aligned ragged right on the right side of the picture.

You'd use HTML/CSS to position the content in the pages. Just use PHP to output the text/image.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.