Looking for User Authentication Script

rbrown

Been poking around and I just can find scripts that will only do one directory or have ajax or or some other kind of programming other than php I don't have time to learn in case I need to make some tweaks.

So what I'm looking for is a secure login script that will allow multiple users, multiple directory access. And so when they login from one login screen it will take them to the dir I designate and then they can be able to navigate between the dirs based on a session variable so it will time out after so many mins. So for each user I can write the menu to only show what dirs they have access to.  All dirs have different programs running under them like forms, scheduling, reports. And they are a mismash of programs so I will have to have integrate this over top of the programs. An easy to use Admin interface would be a bonus. Don't care about having registration or password change, I have to add some sections for each "client / user" I add. And the "staff" needs access across all programs from one login.

For example:

User 1 access only to dir 1, dir 2, dir 3 and all dirs, files under those dirs.

User 2 only access to dir 3 and all dirs, files under that dir.

User 3 only access to dir 1 and dir 2 and all dirs, files under those dirs.

User 4 only access to dir 5 and all dirs, files under those dirs.

Anyone run across something like that?

I have something I'm using now, but I can only send them to one directory and I have to go to each section to add the user and have a login for each section. It's getting out to be a pain.

No my Google isn't broken, I figured after checking out about 15 to 20 different scripts and not finding what I want, there might be someone here that needed and found what I'm looking for.

After all, that is what these forums are for... Asking others for help or advice... It not like I was asking a stupid question that could be found easily on the internet.

On Hot Scripts alone, there are over 220 scripts for User Authentication Scripts.

And I have BTW looked at another 15 to 20 scripts and still haven't found what I want.

So if anyone else has run across something let me know... otherwise I'll start writing something from scratch.

rbrown,

You are basing your reply on the same misunderstanding that many people seem to have.  This is a developer community, not a community to help people locate third party scripts.  Hotscripts.com and scores of others make that their business.  You seem to have some pretty specific requirements.  If you have something that does 90% of what you need, I stand by my previous statement that it sounds like something you might be able to modify to get your last 10%. 

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.