Securing PayPal button

George Botley

Hello, I wish to secure the PayPal form button. As my button is used on a subscription website, I don't want people changing the parameters and code needs to be hidden from peering eyes with firebug for instance.

I have heard that you can pass the data to PayPal be given a CMD URL in return and you simply forward the user to such URL.

Anyone know of this? - or another method?

The button manager is not acceptable as the values will change in the hidden fields.

George.

hi dude, do you not want the values show at all or do you just want it where they can't edit them? If so when paypal pass the details back to your IPN script you can double check the values to ensure everything is ok before you grant them access to premium or to purchase what ever product.

So if they changes the values they wouldnt be able to purchase what the bought its their own fault :D

<form name="myform" action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">

<input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_xclick">
    <input type="hidden" name="charset" value="utf-8">

<input type="hidden" name="return"
     value="http://#/sandbox/?page=PayPal_Payment_Return&id=<? echo "$ltj_txn_id"; ?>">

<input type="hidden" name="currency_code" value="GBP">

<input type="hidden" name="business" value="#">
    <input type="hidden" name="cpp_header_image" value="#">

<input type="hidden" name="item_name" value="LTJ Annaul Subscription"; ?>) ">

<input type="hidden" name="amount" value="10.00">
    <input type="hidden" name="quantity" value="1">

<input type="hidden" name="first_name" value="<? echo "$form[fname]"; ?>">
    <input type="hidden" name="last_name" value="<? echo "$form[lname]"; ?>">
    <input type="hidden" name="email" value="<? echo "$form[email]"; ?>">

<input name="custom" type="hidden" id="custom" value="<? echo "$id"; ?>">

<input name="ipn_notification_url" type="hidden" id="ipn_notification_url" value="http://#">

<input type="hidden" name="cbt" value="Renew My Letters To June Subscription">

<input type="hidden" name="lc" value="GB">

</form>

There is the form, does that look safe?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.