Jumping from an HTML web page to a php page

polaric

Hi, i'm new in php. I'm building a website for my project. My prof wants us to combine php and html. .i've created the web page and it's working fine. .but when i'm about to make a link from my html page to my php page something went wrong. .although it's jumping to the php page,but this was what happened:

Thanks for registering! "; } //The web form for input ability else { echo " \n"; echo ""; echo ""; echo ""; echo ""; echo ""; echo ""; echo ""; echo ""; //echo ""; echo ""; echo ""; echo ""; echo ""; echo ""; echo ""; echo ""; echo ""; echo ""; echo ""; echo "" ; echo ""; echo ""; echo ""; echo ""; echo ""; echo ""; echo ""; echo ""; echo ""; echo ""; echo ""; echo ""; //echo ""; echo ""; echo ""; echo ""; echo ""; echo ""; echo ""; echo ""; echo ""; echo ""; echo ""; echo ""; echo ""; echo ""; echo ""; echo ""; echo ""; echo " \n"; } // EOF ?>

Username: \n

Password: \n

First Name:

\n

Middle Name:

\n

Last Name:

\n

Nick Name:

\n

all my php codings showed up on the page. the page should be neat. my php file is located on my c drive on wamp folder. then my html file are located on the d: drive. .

another help, if my php file is not in my wamp folder, let say its on another folder, how can i access it?. .

please help me, and be patient on this one . .thanks so much

You cannot open a PHP script directly in a web browser. It has to pass through a web server. The reason is that PHP is a server-side scripting language, meaning it is parsed by the server before the result is sent to the browser. As such, you will not be able to view a PHP script located anywhere on your hard disk correctly. If you are linking from a HTML file on your hard disk to a PHP script on a local web server, make sure that the link points to http://localhost/myscript.php and not C:\whatever\myscript.php.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.