Password Reset script?

NLT

Hopefully this is the right section  :confused:

Anyway, does anyone have a password reset script where you can type your email and it'll send an email to your inbox saying that it's been requested you want a password reset, click the link and change your password.

But the URL needs to be random numbers or whatever.

Do you know for one where it sends a link, and when you visit that link you can change the password? and then it expires 12 hours later or whatever.

Follow this simple tutorial. http://www.phpeasystep.com/phptu/21.html

There is no off the shelf script as nobody can guess your form field names, password policy, database structure, etc. It is really simple to create yourself.

Have you even bothered to read the information on that tutorial? It states:

1. after press submit button the form will send e-mail address to "send_password_ac.php".
2. at "send_password_ac.php" we have to find this e-mail address in our database.
3. if found this e-mail in our database give password to variable name "$your_password" and send this variable to e-mail that sent from our form.
4. if not found this e-mail in database, displays message "Not found your e-mail in our database"

To me, you are looking for a complete piece of code to fit straight into your website without having to do anything. You are not going to get that! If I was to write a password reset script how could I possibly have all the information I need to make it work for everyone's website? I have already said this.

The idea of a tutorial is to give you a guide of how to acomplish the task. It is not always a complete solution for your project. If you wish to add your own bits then you can implement them yourself using the tutorial as a rough template. As Thorpe has stated, this is a developers website where people ask for help with their own code. This is not a Google service.

Please at least attempt to tackle the problem before asking for help.

I love the way you're trying to say I haven't even tried. You're wrong. I have tried, why do you think I'm posting here for help? idiot.

You should be careful what you post here!

If you have tried to code this, which none of your posts suggest you have, apart from failing to find anything using Google, then why are you not asking for help with the script you have put together?

Post the code that you have created and people here will assist you with it or at least point you in the right direction. Although, if you are so quick to offend then you may struggle to get any!

I love the way you're trying to say I haven't even tried. You're wrong. I have tried, why do you think I'm posting here for help? idiot.

If you're seeking help calling people idiots that are trying to help doesn't strike me as a good idea.  If you have tried then where is your code?  What you are asking is very common and there are literally 10s of thousands of hits.  Now be a good little boy and do some independent research.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.