Your way of doing this..

u214

Hello! Well I'm here asking for advice on how would YOU do this:

Here's an image. As you can see, you see "Username's Statistics", "Value" and "Change Value ( with input text )"

2zgcbgw.jpg

Ok. I want to, for example, if you select to change the "Admin Level", how would you do it WITHOUT having to refresh the page? Instant mysql query into database after you hit enter on the input value! The current "Value" will be overwritten with the new one that you just inputted.

So please, if you can, prove 1 example that I can teach my self from.

Thanks.

PS - No, that's not a real password ._.

I would use ajax, or jquery to implement such a change, and if you google either subject with things like edit in place you can find an example very easily

the way i do it is that there are no input boxes on show by default, and they replace the existing text, when you double click the text (under value column for instance).

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.