Mysql insert code not working.

drayarms

Hello everybody, I can't seem to figure out why this insert code isn't working.  I'm trying to create a database of US zip codes.  I created this user interface (form) with nothing but a submit button to execute the insert query

<div id="right_content" class="">    

<h3> Insert Zips </h3>

<form action = "insertzip1.php" method = "post">

<input type = "submit" name = "submit" value = "submit"/>

</form>

</div> <!--closes right content-->

Well here is the insert query which is supposed to accomplish the task.  I have just included a tiny subsets of all the zipcodes (the insertzip1.php page which is the value of  the action attribute of the form). 

<php?

if (isset($_POST['submit'])) {

require ('config.php');

$query = "INSERT INTO zips (zip, lat, lon, city, state, county, z_type, xaxis, yaxis, zaxis, z_primary, worldregion, country, locationtext, location, population, housingunits, income, landarea, waterarea, decommisioned, militaryrestrictioncodes, decommisionedplace) VALUES

('00501', 40.81, -73.04, 'HOLTSVILLE', 'NY', 'SUFFOLK', 'UNIQUE', 0.22, -0.72, 0.65, 'Yes', 'NA', 'US', 'Holtsville, NY', 'NA-US-NY-HOLTSVILLE', '', 0, 0, '', '', 'No', '', ''),
('00501', 40.81, -73.04, 'I R S SERVICE CENTER', 'NY', 'SUFFOLK', 'UNIQUE', 0.22, -0.72, 0.65, 'No', 'NA', 'US', 'I R S Service Center, NY', 'NA-US-NY-I R S SERVICE CENTER', '', 0, 0, '', '', 'No', '', ''),
('00544', 40.81, -73.04, 'HOLTSVILLE', 'NY', 'SUFFOLK', 'UNIQUE', 0.22, -0.72, 0.65, 'Yes', 'NA', 'US', 'Holtsville, NY', 'NA-US-NY-HOLTSVILLE', '', 0, 0, '', '', 'No', '', ''),
('00544', 40.81, -73.04, 'IRS SERVICE CENTER', 'NY', 'SUFFOLK', 'UNIQUE', 0.22, -0.72, 0.65, 'No', 'NA', 'US', 'Irs Service Center, NY', 'NA-US-NY-IRS SERVICE CENTER', '', 0, 0, '', '', 'No', '', '')
";

$result = mysql_query($query);

header("Location: insertzipsuccess.php");

}else{ die ("Could not insert data because" . mysql_error());}

?>

The insertzipsuccess.php page is simply a page that prints out a success message if the query is successfully executed.  Well when I hit the submit button, I just get redirected to a blank insertzip1.php page

Can anyone show me what I'm not doing right here?

PS I already created the table with fields that correspond to all the fields I'm trying insert.

I'm not sure at all but I would be willing to be that it has something to do with the commas in some of your field names.  The insert statement may think that is the end/start of a new field or something along those lines.  I'm not totally sure though..

"'Irs Service Center, NY',"

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.