Platform/Versions migration problem

jayteepics

Any pointers would be much appreciated.

I got my PHP app working (not without some great help from this forum) but when I migrated my PHP scripts and MySQL database to my ISP's platform the app fell apart since the web is the destination for this app, I then had to diagnose and fix what happened.

The problem:

On the ISP's platform, a query string  passed unescaped with say a QUOTE in it came in on the subsequent GET ESCAPED. On my platform they arrived UNESCAPED.

Is this a php.ini discrepancy or a version discrepancy between us please?

Thing is I'd like to get the local version working again after all the changes because what worked on one broke on the other, now the other is fixed the one is broken if you get my drift.

Platform / Version variations:

Local implementation is Win7, Apache 2.2.19 / PHP 5.3.6 / MySQL 5.5

ISP is Linux not sure of the Apache version believe it is 2.? PHP 5.2.14 / MySQL Client Api 4.1.22

Any input or links for reading would be appreciated.

Jamie

My ISP has provided me with their PHP.INI that I can tailor just for my site.

I have taken the liberty of attaching it in case some kind forum member finds any other nono's apart from magic quotes being on?

I guess they didn't edit the top where it says it is for a dev environment.

Follow on question: Now that I can be in control of my own destiny (I didn't know this was possible and seems you don't get unless you ask - but you don't know what to ask loop) should I unpick my code (only have hard copy of the original code - ok you are never too old to learn) to get back to magic quotes off????

Many Thanks

Jamie

[attachment deleted by admin]

My ISP has provided me with their PHP.INI that I can tailor just for my site.

I have taken the liberty of attaching it in case some kind forum member finds any other nono's apart from magic quotes being on?

I guess they didn't edit the top where it says it is for a dev environment.

Follow on question: Now that I can be in control of my own destiny (I didn't know this was possible and seems you don't get unless you ask - but you don't know what to ask loop) should I unpick my code (only have hard copy of the original code - ok you are never too old to learn) to get back to magic quotes off????

Many Thanks

Jamie

Yep, I guess that request was a liberty... the ini file seemed fairly self describing so I made my changes and for sure set "magic_quotes" to off.

I therefore did have to alter about 10 scripts because I need one copy of the code to run both locally and remotely.

So, I guess that answered both my questions.

Jamie

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.