While Loop in While Loop

ueon

The individual while loops work, but when I embed it within a while the parent loop runs, but the inner loop doesn't execute at all

while ($set3 = mysql_fetch_array($query2)){
	while ($set2 = mysql_fetch_array($query)){
		echo $set2['EmailAddress'];
	}
}

There's nothing inherently flawed with nested while loops, so the problem is with your code, but you're not giving us enough context to see what the issue is. Try posting several lines above that.

I can identify an issue with your logic already, as:

while ($set2 = mysql_fetch_array($query))

mysql_fetch_array - Returns an array that corresponds to the fetched row and moves the internal data pointer ahead.

"moves the internal data pointer ahead" This means once the pointer moves to the end, it will not be looped again unless you reset the pointer like so:

mysql_data_seek($query);

I would like to see the rest of your code, though, as it looks like you may have more issues.

I can identify an issue with your logic already, as:

while ($set2 = mysql_fetch_array($query))

mysql_fetch_array - Returns an array that corresponds to the fetched row and moves the internal data pointer ahead.

"moves the internal data pointer ahead" This means once the pointer moves to the end, it will not be looped again unless you reset the pointer like so:

mysql_data_seek($query);

I would like to see the rest of your code, though, as it looks like you may have more issues.

The OP doesn't want to loop through the same results multiple times, and the loops use different MySQL results, so that shouldn't be an issue. It will be looped again if there are multiple results.

Essentially his logic would look like this:

Loop1 Output

Loop2 Output

Loop2 Output

Loop2 Output

Loop2 Output

Loop1 Output

Loop1 Output

Loop1 Output

Loop1 Output

Loop2 would execute once and then never do anything again. But as we have both said, we need the rest of the code to understand what you're doing.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.